Who We Are
At Senior Whole Health, our mission is to maximize the quality of life, health, security and independence of our members.
We help our members and their families understand the complex world of healthcare. At Senior Whole Health, we help manage their care and arrange for them to receive the services they need. We do this with sensitivity to the challenges of those who don't speak English while catering to the cultural diversity of the more than 30 different languages our members speak.
Since enrolling its first member in Massachusetts in 2004, Senior Whole Health (SWH) has become a national leader in providing affordable, innovative healthcare for "dual-eligibles" — individuals over 65 who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Through the free, voluntary health plan, which is based in Cambridge, MA, members set aside their Medicare, Medicaid and Part D (pharmacy) ID cards and receive one easy-to-use Senior Whole Health card that takes care of all of their healthcare needs.
Upon enrollment, members receive an initial home assessment to evaluate their needs from Senior Whole Health's Personal Care Team, which includes a nurse care manager and community resource coordinator.
These skilled healthcare professionals then develop a customized care plan to ensure that members obtain the right balance of medical, social and community-based services so that they remain healthy, independent and living within the comfort of their own homes.
Senior Whole Health, which currently insures seniors in Massachusetts and New York, offers comprehensive plans, each of which is designed to facilitate at-home living.
In its New York State service areas, Senior Whole Health offers:
• Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan— A comprehensive health care plan for seniors who have both Medicare and Medicaid.
• Medicaid Advantage Plus — A comprehensive health care plan for seniors who have both Medicare and Medicaid and who are eligible for long term care.
• Managed Long Term Care Program — A plan tailored to Medicaid-eligible seniors in need of long-term care services and assistance.
In its Massachusetts service areas, Senior Whole Health offers:
• Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan — A comprehensive health care plan for seniors who have both Medicare and MassHealth Standard.
• Senior Care Options — A comprehensive health care plan offering the same benefits as our Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan for seniors with MassHealth Standard only.